He may have been the most terrifying carnivore ever to have walked the Earth but the fearsome Tyrannosaurus rex was apparently also a sensitive lover.
Eureka! Lightbulb Ideas That Struck In Unusual Ways
Some concepts hit you like a flash of lightening! Others develop from their humble beginnings in the most unlikely ways... From big mistakes turned genius to down the pub moments take a look at these how these hugely successful ideas came about.
Unless you've been living under a rock for the past ten years, Mark Zuckerburg is probably a name that you're somewhat familiar with. Nevertheless, when Facebook's founder and CEO was still a young, penniless student at Harvard University he and his room mates set up 'Facemash'. What began as a form of communication between college friends, quickly spread outside of the dormitory walls however, making it's way across the country and to the rest of the globe.
2. Post-it Notes
J.K Rowling described the magical sport in the 'Harry Potter' series so vividly, that it's hard to believe that Quidditch isn't actually a real sport, but who knew a quick row with a boyfriend would have inspired the author to come up with the idea? According to Rowling, she had been staying in hotel room in Manchester. She explained: "I had been pondering the things that hold a society together, cause it to congregate and signify its particular character and knew I needed a sport."
4. Microwave Ovens
This appliance may be a life saver when it comes to warming up food, but it all came about when Percy Spencer had a lightbulb moment after he noticed that a candy bar had started melting in his pocket. It turns out that the microwaves from the radar set he was working on were sizzling the chocolate treat in his pocket!
With a little experimentation, Spencer figured out that the microwaves could be concentrated to heat food. He created the first working microwave oven, and the first food he cooked in it was popcorn. The rest is history!
The sculptor whose statue of Cristiano Ronaldo was ridiculed for failing to resemble the Portuguese forward has defended his work.
A bust of Portugal footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has caused a storm online - for all the wrong reasons.
As summer camps go, this is the wackiest one we've heard of and it will be heading to London in August!
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- River Tyne 'booze cruise' plans slammed by police
- Have You Been Committing This HUGE Tea Making Faux Pas?
- Can You Tell The Celebrity From The Waxwork In Our Hardest Quiz EVER
- Your Favourite Chocolate Could Be Shrinking In Size!
- An Asteroid Is Due To Zoom Past Earth A Bit Too Close For Comfort Tonight!
- Ricky Gervais defends 'dead babies' joke at show in Belfast
- Frozen producer reveals film's original ending was very different
- Glastonbury 2017 line-up will include Katy Perry, The XX and Stormzy
- Oscars blunder sparks new rules backstage for PwC accountants
- Celebrities join Royals' emotional mental health campaign