The 2012 Olympics begin in exactly two years time.
To mark the date some of the world's best athletes, such as Sir Chris Hoy will be taking part in practice events at the Olympic venues.
A recruitment drive for 70,000 volunteers is also being launched.
Organisers, sponsors and athletes hope the countdown will spur people to plan now for the big event.
But what we want to know is who should light the Olympic flame?
- Tower block cladding: 27 buildings fail fire safety tests
- London tower block fire safety fears: Thousands evacuated from Camden homes
- China landslide buries village leaving five dead and 120 missing
- PM hails role of military in tackling terror on Armed Forces Day
- Insulation boards used on Grenfell Tower block withdrawn by firm