A 52-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of fraudulently claiming to have lost family members in the Grenfell Tower disaster.
Philippines Typhoon Appeal: How To Donate
Find out how you can donate towards the Disaster Emergency Committee's urgent appeal.
Typhoon Haiyan ripped through the Philippines from November 8th, killing an estimated 10,000 people and leaving 600,000 more displaced. 9.8 million people now need urgent aid.
The humanitarian impact is thought to be massive, with the homes of hundreds of thousands of people destroyed or severely damaged. The destruction will also have a huge impact on families' livelihoods and businesses.
The DEC urgently needs funds so that our member agencies can respond and help those affected re-build their lives.
You can donate crucial funds by post, online and over the counter. You could also plan a fundraising event or sponsored activity.
All the details you need to make a donation can be found at www.dec.org.uk .
The Iraqi Prime Minister has declared the "end of the IS caliphate" after the recapture of the al-Nuri mosque in Mosul.
Five men have been found guilty of killing Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov.
The parents of terminally ill baby Charlie Gard have said he will die "knowing he was loved by thousands" when his life support is turned off tomorrow.
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Government to fund abortions for Northern Ireland women in England
- Hedge funds seek restructuring chief to aid Co-op Bank revival
- Manhunt as man dies following M25 service station fight in Surrey
- Homebase-buyer Bunnings to create 1,000 jobs in expansion
- Russia mocks UK aircraft carrier as 'convenient target at sea'
- Brooklyn Beckham mocked for 'terrible' pictures in new photography book
- UK film industry suffering from diversity 'pandemic'
- 'This is it': Adele hints to fans she may never tour again
- Song by Prince's father John L Nelson released to mark 101st birthday
- R2-D2 it is you, it is you: Salvaged Star Wars droid sells for £2m