Network Rail is to be stripped of its complete control of England's railway tracks under Government plans.
Philippines Typhoon Appeal: How To Donate
Find out how you can donate towards the Disaster Emergency Committee's urgent appeal.
Typhoon Haiyan ripped through the Philippines from November 8th, killing an estimated 10,000 people and leaving 600,000 more displaced. 9.8 million people now need urgent aid.
The humanitarian impact is thought to be massive, with the homes of hundreds of thousands of people destroyed or severely damaged. The destruction will also have a huge impact on families' livelihoods and businesses.
The DEC urgently needs funds so that our member agencies can respond and help those affected re-build their lives.
You can donate crucial funds by post, online and over the counter. You could also plan a fundraising event or sponsored activity.
All the details you need to make a donation can be found at www.dec.org.uk .
The Brazilian team that lost most of its players in a plane crash have been awarded the trophy they were travelling to contest when the tragedy occurred.
Theresa May is in Bahrain to "turbo-charge" the UK’s trade relationship with the Gulf region as Brexit looms.
THE PAPERS' TOP STORIES
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Donald Trump's call with Taiwan president 'could undermine relations'
- Former BG boss Finlayson lined up for Hayward's Genel role
- Tory Brexit rebellion could force PM to reveal EU exit plans
- Royal Navy frigate shadows Russian warship in English Channel
- £71.4bn tax contribution from financial services
- Sculptor and painter Helen Marten wins 2016 Turner Prize
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt 'took a risk' portraying Snowden
- Bob Dylan wants speech read at Nobel ceremony that he won't attend
- 'Golden backside' and £20,000 in pennies among Turner Prize contenders
- Baldwin offers to 'stop' SNL skit in exchange for Trump's tax returns