A man has died following a crash in Long Melford.
Great Yarmouth: Underage Drinking Campaign
A new initiative has been set up in Great Yarmouth to tackle underage drinking and street drinking.
The Community Alcohol Partnership or CAP has started in Great Yarmouth and will see the Police working with supermarkets such as Asda and Tesco, Great Yarmouth Borough Council, schools and trading standards to try and get alcohol and young people off the streets.
The aim of CAP is to develop a culture where both adults and young people drink responsibly, where those underage are only able to access alcohol under responsible and informed supervision and where safe consumption limits are understood.
The key areas the CAP will work towards are-
- Reducing the incidents of alcohol sales to young people under 18
- Reducing proxy purchasing and general supply to under 18s
- Reducing anti-social behaviour associated with alcohol consumption
- Improving the health of street drink adults and young people by reducing alcohol consumption to safer levels and raising awareness of the consequences and risks associated with drinking alcohol
- Improving the general understanding of alcohol strengths and the number of units it's safe to consume in accordance with the Government's safe drinking message
- Developing a responsible retailing culture that embraces the Challenge 25 policy.
A third person has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of Dean Stansby in Ipswich.
A 31-year-old man has been arrested in Norfolk on suspicion of terror offences, Scotland Yard said.
Detectives investigating a murder in Ipswich have arrested a man in connection with the incident.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.