Suffolk: Help For People Without Power
30 October 2013, 12:28
Drop in centres have been organised for people in Suffolk who still haven't got power.
In response to a request from UK Power Networks the Joint Emergency Planning Unit is providing a number of Drop In centres at areas where power has been off for a period of time.
Where Are They?
- Grundisburgh Village Green (SCDC) - Eastern Facilities Management Services mobile van
- Long Melford Village Hall (MSDC) - Salvation Army mobile van
- Bromeswell Village Hall (SCDC) - Royal Voluntary Service
You can go from 12.30 – 15.30pm today (30th October)
What Services Will Be On Offer?
- Hot drinks and hot snacks
- Somewhere to sit down and get warm
- A chance to speak with UK Power Network operatives to get the most up to date information
- A member of the emergency planning unit will be on hand to co-ordinate with the voluntary organisations and UK Power Networks.