Specials Constabulary Sergeant Alec Bedford found guilty of various misconduct charges including making unnecessary arrest & force
8 Arrests Across Northants In Co-ordinated Drug Busts
More than 80 officers have carried out 15 warrants simultaneously across north Northamptonshire as part of a long-term operation against the supply of drugs.
15 addresses in Kettering, Wellingborough, Irthlingborough and Corby were raided yesterday and eight arrests made so far.
- A 23-year-old man has been arrested in Rutland Street, Kettering for possession with intent to supply class B drugs
- A 45-year-old woman has been arrested in Rutland Street, Kettering for conspiracy to supply class B drugs
- An 18-year-old man has been arrested in Rutland Street, Kettering for breach of bail offences
- A 43-year-old man has been arrested in Rutland Street, Kettering for conspiracy to supply class A drugs
- A 35-year-old man has been arrested in Wood Street, Kettering for conspiracy to supply class A drugs
- A 36-year-old woman has been arrested in Sanby Road, Corby for conspiracy to supply class A drugs
- A 41-year-old man has been arrested in Kettering for conspiracy to supply class A drugs
- A 31-year-old woman has been arrested in Tresham Street, Kettering for possession of class A drugs
The activity is the culmination of a long-term investigation into drugs supply and related offences in the county.
Senior investigating officer, Chief Inspector Nick Purdie told Heart: "Today has been a hugely successful day. Local people have raised their concerns about drug and criminal activity in Kettering and surrounding areas and we have worked hard to be in a position where we can make a substantial number of arrests.
We are committed to improving the way of life for local people by disrupting and preventing criminal activity on their doorsteps.
Northamptonshire Police has made significant progress in tackling drugs and other crimes in Kettering and surrounding areas and we will continue to tackle offenders robustly."
Police and Crime Commissioner, Adam Simmonds, went along to observe the operation and commented: “This operation hits at the heart of organised crime and will help make our county safer. It’s been a pleasure to observe the dedication of officers and staff who have made a significant difference today."
Heart spoke to an 82 year old man who was threatened and had his wedding ring stolen during a burglary in Milton Keynes.
Men are less likely to talk than women with 54% of women having had a conversation compared to 37% of men.
Investigation Into Nicholas and Joan Taylor Largest Of Its Type In Northants Police History
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.