Family Of Murdered Liam Hunt Say They've Been Ripped Apart By His Death
A43 Corby Link Road Update
A43 Corby Link Road Update - closure to Stanion Roundabout
As part of building the A43 Corby Link Road, the work on the Stanion Roundabout (A43/A6116 junction) is about to enter its second phase .
The first phase of this work saw the closure of the A43 north of the Stanion Roundabout up to the junction at the Holiday Inn. This section of road will reopen early on Saturday morning.
The second phase will involve the closure of the existing A43 south of the Stanion Roundabout, and as a result it will be impossible for this stretch of road to be used as a through route north to Corby, Little Stanion or Eurohub or south to Geddington.
However access to villages and businesses located along the A43 north of Weekley will be maintained.
A spokesman for Northamptonshire County Council said: “The sheer scale of these works means that the best way of getting them done quickly is to instigate this road closure. A diversion is in place and signage has been erected to indicate the route which should be taken. Inevitably there will be some disruption with highways works of this size but if the diversions are followed it will greatly reduce any congestion.”
Throughout the phase two works there will be three-way traffic lights in operation on the Stanion Roundabout, to permit continued use of Longcroft Road, A43 North of the Stanion Roundabout, and the A6116 Brigstock Road.
The first phase closures around the Stanion Roundabout were introduced on Monday,September 9 and the phase two closures will be put in place over night tonight Friday 13th / Saturday 14th September and are set to be in place until Thursday, September 19 in order to undertake the re-alignment of the existing Stanion Roundabout.
Phase 2 will be the closure of the A43 to the south of the Stanion Roundabout (A43/A6116 junction)
Throughout there will be three-way traffic lights in operation on the Stanion roundabout, to permit continued use of Longcroft Road, A43 North of the Stanion Roundabout, and the A6116 Brigstock Road. Diversion routes will signpost the following:-
- Access to and from the Eurohub and Little Stanion will be maintained via the A6116 (Brigstock Road) and the A43 north of the Stanion Roundabout.
- Access to businesses located along the A43 between Weekley and Stanion will be maintained.
Other traffic - heading north
- Traffic travelling towards Corby or the A43 out towards Weldon/Stamford should use the A43 Kettering Bypass, the A6003 northbound and the A6014 to re-join the A427/A43.
- Those heading for the Rockingham Raceway should use the A6003 northbound to the Rockingham Road junction and turn right towards the Raceway.
- Traffic wishing to access the Eurohub/Little Stanion from the A14 should exit at junction 12, onto the A6116 to Stanion roundabout.
Other traffic – heading south
- Travelling south on the A43 from Stamford, vehicles should do the reverse of the above and use the A427, A6014 joining the A6003 and on to the A43 Kettering bypass.
- Traffic will be able to access Eurohub/Little Stanion and the A6116 to Brigstock from the direction of Stamford on the A43 but cannot continue through to Kettering on the A43.
More Failings Found Under A6
Kettering General Hospital's Entrance Is Permanently Changing
Night Car Support Helps Boost Mission Numbers
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.