Specials Constabulary Sergeant Alec Bedford found guilty of various misconduct charges including making unnecessary arrest & force
Olympic Torch Corby Information
Due to the event there will be disruptions and long delays on the roads along and surrounding the route. Road closures will be in place to ensure the Torch can smoothly travel through our Borough.
The following roads will be closed from 2pm – 4pm and no parking will be permitted:
• Weldon Road (A427) – Junction of Lloyds Road to traffic light entrance of Tata Steel
• Junction of High Street to Weldon Road (A427)
• Junction of Oakley Road/High Street to The Jamb
• Juntion of The Jamb along High Street to Cottingham Road
• Bus Station Cottingham Road to mini roundabout (Junction of Elizabeth Street)
• Junction of Elizabeth Street to mini roundabout (Junction of Alexandra Road)
• Alexandra Road to George Street (mini roundabout)
• Junction of Anne Street to mini roundabout (Junction of Alexandra Road)
• Junction of Alexandra Road/George Street to Westcott Way (large roundabout)
• Junction of Gainsborough Road (Jubilee Avenue) to Westcott Way (large roundabout)
• Large roundabout on Westcott Way to roundabout on Cottingham Road (Boating Lake)
• Roundabout on Cottingham Road (Boating Lake) to Cottingham Road roundabout (BP Garage)
• Junction of Westcott Way/Boating Lake roundabout to entrance of Lakeside Complex
• Junction of Mantelfield Road (Beanfield estate) to junction of Cottingham Road
• Junction of Kingsthorpe Avenue to Cottingham Road
Please note that there is strictly no parking on any of these roads. Also from the junction of Willowbrook Road/Cottingham Road to Lakeside Complex will be used for access to the Lakeside Complex only.
Leader of Corby Borough Council, Cllr Tom Beattie, said: "It’s all go in Corby at the moment and the feeling of celebration is definitely evident throughout the Borough. The Queen’s visit was a phenomenal success and we are now putting plans in place to ensure that the Olympic Torch Relay through Corby follows suit. There are understandably going to be disruptions on the roads between 2pm – 4pm
but this is something that we wont have the chance to see again in Corby during our lifetime so we hope everyone comes out and gives the Torchbearers our full support."
Here are some interesting facts about the Olympic Torch through Corby.
- The route is 2.7 miles long
- We have 11 torchbearers taking part
- We are not using any barriers but will have 150 trained stewards to line the route
- We have 20 local schools coming out to help us line the route
- We have 60 metres of bunting, 10 flags and 40 official banners to decorate the route. We also have over 40 banners that have been designed by local schools and sports clubs.
- On Westcott Way we will have the Oakley Rangers, Kingswood School Orchestra, Brooke Weston Concert Band and Lodge Park Soul Band who will be set up on stages along the road (after the large roundabout outside Corby Cube as soon as the Torch enters on to Westcott Way). They will be playing Chariots of Fire as the Torch passes.
Heart spoke to an 82 year old man who was threatened and had his wedding ring stolen during a burglary in Milton Keynes.
Men are less likely to talk than women with 54% of women having had a conversation compared to 37% of men.
Investigation Into Nicholas and Joan Taylor Largest Of Its Type In Northants Police History
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.