Patience Take That Download 'Patience' on iTunes
24 March 2013, 12:13
The Environment Agency has this afternoon issued a Flood Alert for the Hundred Foot Washes.
The lowest level alert by the Environment Agency states: Flooding is possible for the Hundred Foot Washes, also known as the Ouse Washes, including the causeways at Earith, Sutton Gault and Welney.
Low lying land and roads will be affected first.
The causeway at Sutton Gault is flooded and at 11am on Sunday 24 March the water was approximately 2cm deep, but due to the uneven surface of the road, water may be deeper in places.
Welney and Earith causeways are currently unaffected. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates.
- Be prepared to protect yourself, family, pets and property.
- Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 for up-to-date flooding information.
- Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions.
Visit the Environment Agency website www.environment-agency.gov.uk for river level and flooding information.
- Tune into weather, news and travel bulletins.
- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.