Wisbech: ASBO For Homeless Man
19 November 2012, 11:25
A homeless man, described by Cambridgeshire Police as 'a nuisance', has been given an ASBO and banned from Wisbech town centre.
43 year old Aleksandras Liesys [pictured - right] was given the anti-social behaviour order at King's Lynn Magistrates Court last Thursday (15 November).
He was already the subject of a temporary order.
PC Adam Pearce said: "Liesys is a persistent offender and a nuisance to people living in the town.
Despite the best efforts of a number of agencies he has chosen to be a drunken vagrant.
People should be able to go out in Wisbech without seeing drunken and disorderly behaviour and I hope this order helps us achieve that."
The order bans him from:
- Entering Wisbech town centre between 8am and 8pm.
- Having an open container of alcohol in a public place in the area covered by the designated public places order (DPPO), unless in a licensed premises.
- Being drunk in any public place in the DPPO area.
- Swearing or making abusive or threatening comments or gestures in Wisbech.
- Entering or remaining in Norfolk Street, Norwich Street and the Lloyds TSB in North Brink.
If he breaches the two-year order, he faces up to five years in prison.