Two sailors want to put their own record 'out of sight'.
Devon Troops Leave for Afghanistan
During the next four weeks 650 Royal Marines from 42 commando based at Bickleigh Barracks in Devon will head out to Afghanistan.
The first wave of troops from the Plymouth base have already flown from Brize Norton at the weekend to start a 6 month tour of duty.
Prior to their departure around 1500 relatives and friends of the Royal Marines were briefed by the units commanding officer Lieutenant Colonel Ewen Murchison; who gave them details about where and why they were deploying, how families qualified for benefits and reassurances on improved kit.
42 Commando's just one element of 3 Commando Brigade which is deploying to Afghanistan for the third time.
CO Murchison tells Heart that his men are more than ready for the operation.
See below for a list of some of the main brigades and sqaudrons to go:
- 3 Commando Brigade Headquarters, Royal Marines
- 30 Commando Information Exploitation Group, Royal Marines
- Headquarters, 104 Logistic Brigade
- 7 Armoured Brigade Headquarters and Signal Squadron (207)
- 42 Commando Royal Marines including members of the Maritime Reserve
- 45 Commando Royal Marines including members of the Maritime Reserve
- Commando Logistic Regiment, Royal Marines
- Royal Navy forming the in-theatre Medical Regiment and Field Hospital
The moment a giraffe was born at Paignton Zoo has been captured on video
Men are less likely to talk than women with 54% of women having had a conversation compared to 37% of men.
Complaints to the RSPCA rise across the South West
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.