Heart on your mobile
You can listen to Heart on your mobile with one of our mobile apps.
You'll need to have a good quality 3G or WiFi signal to get the best experience, and you should check that your data plan has unlimited (or near unlimited) free data allowance. Our applications use roughly 27MBytes of data an hour.
As well as great sound quality, you can also see visual information from the station. On most apps you can scroll back and forth through the information by touch swiping or using the left and right buttons on the joystick - and click the button or tap the visual if you want to open that page in your web browser.
iPhone 3G / iPhone 3GS / iPhone 4 / iPad / iOS4 / iPod Touch
You'll find our app in the iTunes App store, either by searching for Heart in the App Store application on your phone.
Nokia / Symbian
Our app runs on most recent (2008 onwards) Nokia N-series handsets (and equivalents from other manufacturers), and is available from the Ovi store. You can find the Ovi store on most Nokia handsets (it's called Ovi or Download!) and search for Heart or you can access our app in the Ovi store. If you can't find the app in the Ovi store, then it isn't compatible with your handset. If the app doesn't work correctly, it may not be fully compatible with your handset.
Android (Google) Phones
Our app runs on almost all Android phones, and is available from the Google Market. You can only access the app store, called Market, from your Android handset, and you can find our app by searching for Heart.
Our app runs on the Blackberry Bold 9700 (and may run on other Bold handsets) and is available from Blackberry Appworld. You can download it from here. (The Appworld says the app will run on all handsets, but we have only tested it on the 9700). If you have a Corporate Blackberry (one issued to you by your company), it may be blocked from using this application. If the app does not stream audio, please check you have set your APN (Access Point Name) set correctly for your mobile operator.
Download the app here
Other Mobile Phones
If you handset isn't listed, then let us know. We can't promise to support all phones, but we may be able to help find a way for you to listen.
* Using your phone to listen to the radio uses data capacity, at roughly 27MB an hour (60kbit/s). If you exceed your data allowance, your operator may charge you for each extra MB you use.
* You can use your own WiFi (or other unlimited WiFi services) for as long as you like - this does not affect your mobile phone data allowance.
* You should not use these applications on mobile networks whilst roaming, as data allowances do not apply whilst roaming and data charges are extremely high.
* If you have a poor 3G signal (2 or less bars), or only EDGE (shown with an E) or GRPS (sometimes shown as a G, or two arrows), the application will not work correctly.
* Our applications may use the GPS in your phone (if there is one) to work out where you are, and show other radio stations that are local to you.
* Our applications stream audio using the highest available quality, although this varies from handset to handset.
* If you are not receiving the visuals, then it's possible that your network is blocking access. Our visuals use the RadioVIS system, on port 61613.