Baby Dies After Fireworks Display
Police have confirmed that a five-week-old baby died after falling ill at a public firework display at the weekend.
Police were called to the Town Quay area of Southampton at 8.15pm on Saturday November the 6th after receiving reports concerning the baby girl.
The child was taken by ambulance to Southampton General Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
A Hampshire police spokeswoman said that the death was not being treated as suspicious and officers were investigating the circumstances on behalf of the coroner.
The spokeswoman said:
"A five-week-old baby girl was taken ill during a public fireworks display.
"She was transported to Southampton General Hospital by the South Central Ambulance Service. The baby was later pronounced dead at hospital. Next of kin were informed.
"The death is not being treated as suspicious. A post-mortem examination to help establish the cause of death will take place in due course.''
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: Rich and Zoe
6am - 10am
Text 'SOUTH' to 82122
Now playing: Non-stop hit music