Locked Out Of Heaven Bruno Mars Download 'Locked Out Of Heaven' on iTunes
21 August 2013, 13:22
Tributes have been paid to a "kind and loving'' Hampshire woman who died at a camp site while on holiday in north Devon.
Bethan O'Brien, 20, from Andover, was staying with two friends while on a surfing trip.
Her two male friends called an ambulance at 6.27am on Sunday when they woke feeling unwell and discovered Ms O'Brien was unconscious.
Five ambulances rushed to the camp site where the group were staying in Braunton and found Ms O'Brien not breathing.
Paramedics performed CPR but Ms O'Brien sadly suffered a cardiac arrest and died at the scene.
Tests are being carried out to ascertain whether the death was due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
A spokeswoman for Devon and Cornwall Police said:
"We were called to a campsite in Saunton Road in Braunton after a 20-year-old woman from Hampshire died.
"Police are not treating the death as suspicious. Next of kin have been informed and formal identification is being carried out.
"A post-mortem will be carried out to establish a cause of death.''
Ms O'Brien's two friends who were also sleeping in the tent were taken to North Devon District Hospital to be checked over.
A spokeswoman for South Western Ambulance Service confirmed that initial reports suggested carbon monoxide poisoning could be a factor in the death.
"We received a call at 6.27am from a friend of a 20-year-old female who was described as unconscious and not breathing at the scene.
"Five units were despatched and arrived at 6.42am. Paramedics performed CPR but she had a cardiac arrest and was pronounced dead at the scene.
"There were two other males present who were both taken to hospital to be checked over. They had woken feeling unwell and called an ambulance as she was not breathing.''
A spokeswoman for Exeter and Greater Devon Coroner said further details would not be released at this stage.
Tributes to Ms O'Brien have flooded in on social networking sites, with friends describing her as a "sweet'' and "lovely person''.
Graham Mckenzie wrote:
"R.I.P. Bethan O'Brien.. In serious shock as I'm sure most people are. One of the nicest girls I have ever met, 20 is far too young. Can honestly say there isn't a bad word you could say about her, and she will be missed by everyone who knew her.''
Another friend, Simon Renfrey added:
"Such a shock. So sad to find out one of the nicest and kindest people you'll ever meet has gone so young sleep tight Bethan O'Brien.''