I'll Be Missing You Puff Daddy/Faith Evans
More than two hundred firefighters have been tackling fires at three seperate thatched properties across Hampshire.
Firecrews were called out to addresses in Hythe, Andover and East Meon during the course of Good Friday. There are no reports of casualties in any of the fires and the causes are being investigated.
In East Meon, the flames spread to two cottages either side of the address where the fire is believed to have started.
Part of East Meon High Street was closed all night and Station Manager, Dave Graham from Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said:
“At least 100 firefighters with 12 pumps, four water carriers and specialist equipment are involved in putting out the flames.
“The residents of the three cottages affected by fire were offered accommodation for the night by neighbours. There is no immediate danger to other properties, where residents can continue to access their homes as normal.
“A nearby pub was evacuated as a precaution due to smoke. No other properties are affected, and no injuries have been reported so far.”
Inspector Ben Taylor of Hampshire Constabulary said:
“Police and the fire service would like to thank members of the public for their understanding and co-operation during the nights events. There was a swift, safe response by all concerned to a hazardous situation.
Anyone with queries about the situation can contact the Hampshire Constabulary Force Enquiry Centre by phoning 101.