Officers are encouraging youngsters to only trick or treat at houses they know, ideally with an adult supervising.
Two Injured After Petrol Poured On BBQ
A father and daughter have needed hospital treatment after petrol was poured on a barbecue in Leigh Park.
Firecrews were called to a house in Wildmoor Walk in West Leigh at 15:51 on Friday 25th May.
One fire appliance from Waterlooville Fire Station was immediately mobilised to the scene where garden decking and a fence were damaged by fire.
Watch Manager Craig Sadler said:
"This incident clearly illustrates the dangers of using petrol on a barbecue. You should never use any kind of accelerant when cooking on a barbecue as the consequences can be catastrophic.
"Not only can the fire quickly spread causing damage your property, more importantly the out of control fire can put people at risk of getting burnt.
"Follow our guidance so that your barbecue runs smoothly and your family and friends can stay safe."
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service BBQ tips:
Always use any barbecue in a well ventilated open area.
Make sure your barbecue is placed on level ground where it will not tip over.
Keep barbecues away from the house, sheds, fences, garden furniture and overhanging trees or shrubs.
Do not put the barbecue where people have to squeeze past it.
Only use approved barbecue fuel or fire lighters. Never use petrol or paraffin.
Keep children and garden games well away from the cooking area.
Never leave the barbecue unattended.
If you are the chef, do not drink alcohol while cooking.
Watch out when you are cooking fatty foods. Lots of fat spilling onto the coals might cause a flare up.
When you have finished cooking, make sure the barbecue is cool before you try to move it.
Empty the spent ash on to bare garden soil - never put it in the dustbin.
If you are using a bottled gas barbecue, make sure the controls and the cylinder valve are turned off before you change the cylinder.
Change the cylinder in the open air if you can, otherwise open doors and windows to provide good ventilation.
If you think there might be a leak in the gas cylinder connections or pipe, brush soapy water over all of the joints and watch out for bubbles. If you find a leaky joint, try to tighten it but do not over tighten it.
When you have finished cooking, turn off the gas cylinder before the barbecue controls. This makes sure any leftover gas in the pipe is used up.
Store your gas cylinders outside and protect from frost and direct sunlight. Do not keep more spare cylinders than you need.
The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall visit Poundbury in Dorset.
South Central Ambulance Service hopes it'll help save lives, of people suffering cardiac arrest.
As the evenings start getting darker, officers are urging riders to use lights and wear reflective clothing.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.