Alexander Worth from Kings Worthy died last year after the supercar he was in hit fencing in North Warnborough.
Warning Over 'Extremely Dangerous' Chargers In Hampshire
Hampshire County Council's Trading Standards are warning people not to buy an 'extremely dangerous' fake charger meant for Apple products.
The chargers are copies of the of the Apple triangular plug type for the iPhone and other Apple products. They are easily spotted as they have the words Emerson Network Power on the plug face in small print, accompanied by the statement ‘made in China’.
These chargers have serious internal wiring and other manufacturing faults which may mean the low voltage USB outlet is actually at mains voltage, at 240 Volts.
This could mean the products have the potential to destroy the electronics in your iPhone, iPod and iPad, or worse still - could lead to electric shock.
Hampshire County Council Trading Standards Service is already aware of several incidents and has recently stopped a consignment entering the UK supply chain. The product has been recalled by some importers, and Hampshire Trading Standards have been looking for the products on sale and removing them when they find them.
The manufacturers of these products do not carry out the safety testing required to ensure their products meet EU safety requirements. The consequences are that the products can fail in many ways, from not working, to overheating and destroying the device being charged, and potential electrocution.
As these chargers are unsafe, purchasers are entitled to a full refund from the seller.
Emerson Network Power is a US company and they do not make these chargers.
Traders selling these in the knowledge they are unsafe are in danger of committing offences under the General Product Safety Regulations 2004 with fines of up to £20,000. Legal action can follow for compensation for any injuries caused.
If anyone finds that they have one of these chargers they are advised to stop using it and request a refund from the supplier.
In order to gather up as many of these dangerous chargers as possible, Trading Standards is urging people who have one to contact them so they can dispose of it safely and find out which business supplied it.
Contact Trading Standards on 01962 833620 or via the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 08454 04 05 06. For more information on mobile phone charger safety visit Hampshire Trading Standards webpages: http://www3.hants.gov.uk/tradingstandards/consumersafety/plugs-chargers.htm
61-year-old Guy Hedger was shot dead when intruders raided his house in Castlewood near Ringwood.
29-Year-Old In Life Threatening Condition.
Pair Due In Court Over Investigation Into An Allegation Of Modern Day Slavery.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.