Road Traffic Collision on the A14 at Creeting St Mary
Big Changes For Ipswich Town Centre
Ipswich Borough council have released a fifteen year plan to make improvements on Ipswich town centre and are now asking local residents and businesses to have their say.
The aim is to enhance the town centre, delivering a programme of regeneration and renewal that builds on the aspirations to be a regional centre for shopping and culture. It is believed that that can be achieved by:
- Remodelling the town centre so it is aligned more north to
south than east to west;
- Developing retail opportunities between the town centre and
the Waterfront and in the Cox Lane area, and extending Tower
- Encouraging a “cafe culture” by permitting more food and
- Promoting large-scale office development around Portman
Road/Ipswich Village area;
- Providing more multi-storey short-stay car parks;
- Improving bus access and relocating both existing bus stations
to a new site;
- Improving pedestrian links between the town centre and the
Waterfront and making Star Lane easier to cross;
- Implementing the “Ipswich - Transport Fit for the 21st Century”
The draft master plan will be open for consultation by the public until December 23rd.
A man has been evicted from his bed at the James Paget University Hospital.
One person has died and another is in hospital after being injured in the boiler room of a ship docking at the Port of Felixstowe.
Abellio selling 40% of the Greater Anglia rail franchise.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.