On Air Now
Heart Breakfast with Tom, Nicola & Jack 6am - 10am
No charges are to be brought against two men arrested over a fire which destroyed Hastings Pier, the Crown Prosecution Service said today.
Up to 95% of the East Sussex pier was damaged after the blaze broke out in the early hours of October 5 last year.
An 18-year-old man and a 19-year-old man, both from St Leonards, were arrested shortly afterwards but the CPS said it has now been decided that there is not enough evidence to charge them over the fire.