Worthing's £150m revamp
A nine-screen cinema, conference centre, restaurants and a hotel are included in plans to revitalise the Teville Gate area of the town.
The developers, Hanson Capital Management, say the Worthing Gateway project will create more than a thousand jobs for the town.
The plans, designed by Russ Drage Architects, include:
· A 9 screen multiplex Cinema
· 260 new homes
· A 100-bedroom high quality hotel
· New restaurants and coffee shops
· A new Conference and Exhibition Centre that will host a wide range of events, from conferences and exhibitions to arts, private functions and community events
· Office suites/business space
· A new supermarket
· Extensive landscaped public spaces
· Car parking, together with disabled, parent/child, cycle and motorcycle parking
The new plans will be on display at Worthing Town Hall, Chapel Road on:
Friday 23rd July, 9.30am - 5.00pm
Saturday 24th July, 10.00am - 1.00pm
John Desmond, Managing Director of Hanson Capital Management said: "Our team has worked hard on the new plans so that they meet the needs of Worthing and can be delivered in the changed economic circumstances.
"We believe that we have designed a scheme that will bring real benefits for Worthing, with a multi-screen cinema, new Conference and Exhibition Centre, new homes, new jobs, a better station environment and a range of new leisure and shopping facilities.
"We believe that the new proposals are an improvement on the plans that have already been approved and we look forward to talking to Worthing residents and hearing their comments."
A planning application is planned for late summer. If planning permission is granted in early 2011, demolition work could start in Spring 2011 with the completion of the project in 2014.
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: James Merritt
1am - 6am
Text 'HEART' to 82122