A family tribute has been paid to an oxford university student who died during a Varsity ski trip in France.
Oxford: Youth Ambition Programme
A pilot programme's starting in Oxford to help young people into work and stop them becoming involved in crime.
The Council will award grants up to £10,000 for activities taking place before 31 March 2014 in the city.
The groups have to work with young people and focus on:
- More active, engaged young people - by developing diverse, high quality cultural sporting activities, with clear pathways into clubs and organisations;
- Fewer young people either involved in crime and anti-social behaviour or being victims - by inspiring young people, and engaging them in positive, creative activities which broaden their horizons building self confidence and resilience;
- Helping to get young people into work - by developing confidence, skills and opportunities, and an awareness of positive life chances rather than life limitations.
Applicants will also need to evidence how they will use these grants to leverage in new funding and make their activities sustainable beyond the funding received by Oxford City Council.
Today is the first deadline to apply for the funding. All applications need to be made by 12 noon.
They then need to be made by the following dates are: 22 May, 16 September or 16 December 2013.
The Youth Ambition Grant will fund:
- Initiatives that evidence they are delivering in areas of greatest need across the city.
- Initiatives that can demonstrate sustainable delivery and development past initial investment.
- Initiatives for young people between the ages of 8 to 19.
- Initiatives that creatively raise the confidence and aspirations of young people and support young people to reach their aspirations in the future.
For more information go to: http://www.oxford.gov.uk/PageRender/decC/Grants_occw.htm
Money is being raised for a 21 year old with terminal bone cancer so he can do everything on his bucket list.
A man has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving after a 3-year-old died following a crash on the A34 near Hinksey.
An Oxford University student has died during the annual varsity ski trip with students from both Cambridge and Oxford Uni's.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.