Fatal Fire "Accidental"
Biker Warning After Ten Thefts In Ten Days
Residents in Watford, Hertsmere and Three Rivers are being urged to ensure they leave their motorcycles locked and secured after a series of thefts recently.
Police have told Heart they believed the bikes, which have been left by victims in front or rear gardens, with chains trough the wheels, are being lifted by offenders and taken away. Police are urging owners to chain their bikes to a solid structure to prevent it from being stolen.
In the past ten days, ten incidents have occurred. Recent incidents include:
- A blue Kymco motorcycle was stolen from a garden in Jellicoe Road, Watford between Sunday 28 and Monday 29 July.
- A blue Honda moped was stolen from the front of a property in Haydon Road, Watford between Monday 29 and Tuesday 30 July.
- A red Suzuki moped was stolen from the front of a property in Cecil Street, Watford between Monday 29 and Tuesday 30 July.
- A black Piaggio moped was stolen from the front of a property in York Way, Watford between Monday 29 and Tuesday 30 July.
- A blue Honda motorbike was stolen from a drive in Winton Drive, Croxley Green between Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 July.
- A silver Honda moped was stolen from a drive in Fulford Grove, South Oxhey between Monday 22 and Tuesday 23 July.
- A black Honda motorbike was stolen from a parking bay in Bournehall Avenue, Bushey between Tuesday 30 and Wednesday 31 July.
Detective Sergeant Paul Perkins said: "All offences are taking place overnight. Although people are leaving their bikes with chains or steering locks on, we believe the offenders are just picking them up and putting them in the back of a van or a trailer. I would strongly advise that they are locked to something.
I would also take this opportunity to ask residents to be vigilant and contact police if they see or hear any suspicious activity."
Crime prevention advice:
- Consider installing a ground post, properly secured with retaining bolts.
- Invest in a strong security chain and padlock.
- Consider fitting an alarm to the motorcycle together with additional security features such as ‘Data Tag’, which may provide a reduction in insurance premium.
- Ensure your vehicle is parked in a locked garage.
New Firm To Operate On West Coast Mainline By Christmas
Operator begins to more rigorously enforce railway bylaws
New Man Comes From The Metal Industry
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart Watford & Hemel Hemstead.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.