Work starts on £172m Regeneration Scheme In South Oxhey
CCTV After Watford Junction Bike Theft
British Transport Police (BTP) officers are appealing for information following the theft of a bike at Watford Junction station.
The theft happened between 11pm on Saturday, 20 June, and 1am on Sunday, 21 June.
PC Alexander Norstrom said: “Shortly before midnight, a youth carrying a Santander bicycle arrived on a train travelling from London.
“He left that bike on the platform and made his way to the front of the station where he began to tamper with locks on two bikes.
“He was unable to break the first lock, but managed to snap the second lock, stealing a Mongoose BMX valued at around £400, before riding off in the direction of St Albans Road.”
Officers have reviewed CCTV from the station and are today issuing an image of a youth who they think can help with their enquiries.
PC Norstrom said: “I am confident the person in the picture has information about this theft. Please tell us who he is.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference ESUB/B6 of 31/07/2015. Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Tips and advice to keep you bike secure -
• Get your bike security marked and register at www.Bikeregister.com. BTP regularly hold free marking events at stations- follow us on Twitter @btp_uk for the latest events.
• Record details of your bike, including the frame number and other distinguishing features and take a photo of it. This will be crucial in identifying and recovering your bike if its is stolen
• Use locks of gold ‘sold secure’ standard and use two different types, with at least one being a high quality D-lock. It takes thieves a few seconds to cut through poor quality locks - make it as difficult for them as possible.
• Always lock your bicycle whenever you leave it at a designated cycle rack area. Lock the frame and both wheels to a cycle stand.
• Make the lock(s) and bike hard to manoeuvre. Secure your bike as close to the stand as possible
• Take parts that are easy to remove with you, such as saddles or wheels or use secure skewers. Never leave computers of high value cycling gadgets on your bike,
• Always lock your bike in a recognised secure cycle parking area that is well lit and covered by CCTV.
National recognition for local charity, Small Acts of Kindness
Billy Doherty is wanted for assault, robbery and failing to appear at court.
Fontmell Close Residents Assured It Won't Happen Again
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart Watford & Hemel Hemstead.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.