Olympic chances for Herts firms
Olympic medal winner Mark Richardson - says local firms are in a great position in Hertfordshire - to take advantage of the 2012 Games.
Mark won a bronze medal in Barcelona (1992) and silver in Atlanta (1996) both in the 4x400m relay.
Mark's been telling local companies in South Hertfordshire about the cost of NOT bidding for contracts - saying as they are SO close to the site of the next Olympics, they have a great opportunity they cannot afford to miss out on.
Mark's been supported by the leader of Broxbourne Borough Council Paul Mason who is encouraging everyone to spread the word about various business sessions in the area - highlighting the London 2012 procurement system (CompeteFor).
Derrick Ashley, Hertfordshire County Council's Executive Member for Planning and Chairman of the Hertfordshire is Ready for Winners board, told heart "there are synergies between sport and business, the drive you must have to succeed, the hard graft, the pressures. We want you to reach your business potential and hopefully London 2012 contract opportuniteies can help you get there".
The next programme of business breakfasts is on Wednesday the 1st of December at Letchworth Hall Hotel, Letchworth Garden City. Details from www.bookevents.org.
The Hertfordshire is Ready for Winners Partnership, wants to achieve:
* Healthier and closer communities through increased participation in sport, competition, cultural events and volunteering
* Increased opportunities for young people through education and the growth of a countywide talented young athletes programme
* A world-class sports facility available to everyone which delivers a sporting and cultural legacy
* A communications framework which uses the Games to inspire and engage all those who live, work, study and visit Hertfordshire
* A stronger Hertfordshire economy and regeneration opportunities.
Details from www.hertsdirect.org/london2012 or contact Gareth Morgan, Herts 2012 Manager, 01992 555454