Hertfordshire Subway goes 'under the sea'
The Great War In Hertfordshire
Marking the beginning of World War One in Hertfordshire.
Events to mark the start of the Great War are being held across the UK, here is a list of whats happening in Hertfordshire.
Those who don't plan on attending a 'Light's Out Event' are still being encouraged to take part at home by turning out their lights for one hour between 10pm-11pm on Monday 4th August and using just candle light.
- The Royal British Legion County Drumhead Service in Gadebridge Park, Hemel Hempstead at 3pm.
- A special commemoration service will take place at St Mary’s Church, Church Street in Watford (off the High Street). A civic procession will commence at 10.15am, with the public service at the church starting at 10.30am.
- Launch of the Herts at War Exhibition, 12/14 The Arcade, Letchworth Garden City at 6.30pm.
Light's Out Events (10-11pm)
- Hemel Hempstead Civic Centre
- Berkhamsted Civic Centre
- Victoria Hall in Tring
- St Mary’s Church in Watford
- Christ Church, St Albans Road, Watford
- A secular vigil at the Peace Memorial, by the Town Hall at The Parade, Watford
- Harpenden War Memorial, High Street, Harpenden (10:45 start)
- St Albans Cathedral, Sumpter Yard, St Albans. (The service takes place in the Quire, please enter via the Slype Visitor Entrance)
7 August to 27 September
- Watford Museum will be hosting a new exhibition, ‘The Great War: Watford 1914’, as well as working on an online roll of honour.
Face watch ID Online Tool For Public To Search In Their area.
Student pleads guilty to mass cyber attack
Petition Reaches 100,000+ Signatures
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart Watford & Hemel Hemstead.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.