Crazy Gnarls Barkley Download 'Crazy' on iTunes
2 August 2014, 07:27
Marking the beginning of World War One in Hertfordshire.
Events to mark the start of the Great War are being held across the UK, here is a list of whats happening in Hertfordshire.
Those who don't plan on attending a 'Light's Out Event' are still being encouraged to take part at home by turning out their lights for one hour between 10pm-11pm on Monday 4th August and using just candle light.
- The Royal British Legion County Drumhead Service in Gadebridge Park, Hemel Hempstead at 3pm.
- A special commemoration service will take place at St Mary’s Church, Church Street in Watford (off the High Street). A civic procession will commence at 10.15am, with the public service at the church starting at 10.30am.
- Launch of the Herts at War Exhibition, 12/14 The Arcade, Letchworth Garden City at 6.30pm.
Light's Out Events (10-11pm)
- Hemel Hempstead Civic Centre
- Berkhamsted Civic Centre
- Victoria Hall in Tring
- St Mary’s Church in Watford
- Christ Church, St Albans Road, Watford
- A secular vigil at the Peace Memorial, by the Town Hall at The Parade, Watford
- Harpenden War Memorial, High Street, Harpenden (10:45 start)
- St Albans Cathedral, Sumpter Yard, St Albans. (The service takes place in the Quire, please enter via the Slype Visitor Entrance)
7 August to 27 September
- Watford Museum will be hosting a new exhibition, ‘The Great War: Watford 1914’, as well as working on an online roll of honour.