Chilled Drunken Pears
- 2 to 4 peeled and cored slightly under ripe pears
- 1 bottle of red wine
- ½ pint / 300 mls of pomegranate juice
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- Crème Fraiche
1) In a large saucepan, bring to the boil the wine, juice, cinnamon and sugar.
2) Take a fine slice is taken off the bottom of the pears so that they stand up.
3) Place the pears in the pan and simmer gently for around 45 minutes, or until soft, turning every 10 minutes or so to ensure they are evenly cooked.
4) When cooked, take the pears out of the pan and stand them upright in a dish, cover over with foil and chill in the fridge.
5) Spoon some of the remaining cooled wine over the pears and serve with crème fraiche.
Bank Holiday Weekend at Kingfisher Shopping Centre
- 3 days of local flavours, food and fun!
Have a delicious weekend!
Over 140 stores, 16 Cafes & Restaurants, 7 Screen Cinema
Open 7 days a week until late
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music