Lamb and Vegetable Crumble
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 450 gms (1lb) lean minced lamb
- Stick celery
- 2 medium onions
- 2 carrots
- Large sprig rosemary
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce (use your own judgement here)
- 3/4 pint lamb (or vegetable) stock
- Salt and pepper
- Crumble mix
- 75gms (3oz)wholemeal flour (I used farine de complét)
- 75gms plain flour
- 75gms butter
- 100 gms (4oz) mature cheddar, grated (I used 6 month old Comte, which worked well.)
- 2-3 tablespoons chives
1) Preheat the oven to 180-190 degreesC (350-275 degrees F).
2) Heat the oil in a large pan over a moderate heat. Add the lamb mince and cook for 5-8 minutes until browned.
3) Finely chop celery, peel and finely chop onions and peel and dice carrots. Add all vegetables to mince and cook for five minutes.
4) Finely chop rosemary and add to mince. Stir in flour, tomato purée, Worcestershire Sauce and stock. Add salt and pepper to season.
5) Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
6) Spoon the lamb mixture into a 1.2litre (2 pint) oven proof dish. If you like, you can use 4 individual serving dishes, oven proof and approximately 300ml (1/2 pint).
7) Place wholemeal and plain flours into a large bowl. Cut butter into cubes and add to flour. Rub the butter into the flour until it is like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in cheese and finely snip chives. Mix well and sprinkle over the lamb mixture.
8) Bake the crumble until bubbling; for 25-30 minutes if one dish is used or 15-20 minutes for individual dishes.
Bank Holiday Weekend at Kingfisher Shopping Centre
- 3 days of local flavours, food and fun!
Have a delicious weekend!
Over 140 stores, 16 Cafes & Restaurants, 7 Screen Cinema
Open 7 days a week until late
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music