A woman's been shot in what police are calling a targeted attack in Birmingham.
Millions go on strike
Schools right across the West Midlands closed as teachers walked out as part of a massive public sector strike over pensions. Even Heart's Ed James had his kids in work to look after them.
Unions organised various rallies and marches across the region here's an example of some of them:
In Birmingham UNISON President, Eleanor Smith, a theatre nurse from the city, lead nurses, paramedics, hospital cleaners, porters, receptionists, and admin staff out on strike from midnight on Tuesday 29 November, at Birmingham Women’s hospital.
General Secretary, Dave Prentis, addressed strikers at the major national rally, taking place at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham.
A massive march also made its way through the city centre with thousands of people from more than 30 Unions, marching to indoor rally at NIA.
Other rallies that happened across the region:
- At Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust, City Hospital site on Dudley Road between 12 pm and 1pm, NHS workers posed as elderly masked health workers, struggling to care for patients as they are forced to work into their late sixties.
- In Telford at 11.30am Cordingley Hall, Wellington Road until 2.30pm. There was also a Social event in Jolly Brewer pub from 2pm.
- In Coventry at 10 am at Coventry Cathedral union members marched to a rally outside the Council House, Speakers’ Corner, with TU speakers.
- In Dudley at 10.15am people met at Coronation Gardens on Priory Road before marching to Station Hotel.
- In Shrewsbury there was a family event from 12.30pm to 1.30pm at The Square with TU speakers and live music.
- In Stafford at 12.15pm members met at The White Eagle Club, Riverway before marching to Market Square.
- In Wolverhampton the met started at 11am at Wolverhampton Civic Centre with live music, short speeches, demo and a rally.
- While in Worcester workers met at 11.15am in Mealcheapen Street, off Cornmarket before marching to Tramps Nightclub in Angel Place.
West Midlands Police say they've had four allegations of child sex abuse in football.
Warwickshire Police say they are the latest force to receive allegations of child sex abuse in football.
A man's been arrested after a police officer was hit by a car on the A5 near Lichfield.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.