Never Forget Take That Download 'Never Forget' on iTunes
More than 1,000 young people in Wiltshire are expected to attend two events where they can get a taste of around 50 potential career opportunities which could be available to them in the county.
The events, promoted by Wiltshire Council, will be in The Olympiad, Chippenham on Wednesday, February 8 and Salisbury Arts Centre on Thursday, February 9.
They are aimed mainly at Year 9 and Year 10 students, but are open to other year groups including students in sixth form, college and anyone looking for work with training.
Paul Gaunt, employment and skills programme manager at Wiltshire Council, said:
"It is important young people are aware of the options open to them after they leave school, especially in the current climate. These sessions are an ideal opportunity to talk to employers and trainers about those options."
The Have a Go Skills Tasters will give the young people the opportunity to:
* find out what skills employers are looking for
* talk to employers and training providers about training, qualifications, pathways and what jobs involve
* explore career options they'd never considered before or didn't know about
* get better informed and make realistic decisions
* have a practical hands-on experience of some workplace skills
Both days are opening from 9.30am to 3.30pm for school groups (bookings only) and from 4.30pm to 7.30pm for parents and carers with their children.
For more information, people can visit www.wiltshire.gov.uk/apprenticeshipweekevents