E-fit image released
Police have issued an e-fit image of a man they would like to speak to in connection with an incident that happened in Farnborough on Saturday February 13.
Between 6pm and 6.15pm a 17-year-old girl was walking along Victoria Road. As she reached the junction of Orchard Road a blue car pulled up.
The man driving the car asked the girl to get in. She refused and the man then got out of the car and the girl ran off.
PC Simon Campbell, of the Farnborough Targeted Patrol Team, said: “This was an unusual incident and we want to hear from anyone who recognises the man in the e-fit.
“In this case the victim did the right thing by running off and calling police.
“We believe the driver of the car slowed up the traffic as he stopped on the corner of Orchard Road and we would ask anyone who witnessed this to contact us as soon as possible.”
Hampshire Constabulary offers the following Safer Streets advice:
• You will be safest in bright, well lit and busy areas. Avoid taking routes that take you through unlit, unpopulated areas.
• Try to look and act confident – look like you know where you are going.
• Try to keep valuables out of sight. Do not advertise to criminals that you have items of value on you.
• If someone tries to take something from you, it might be better to let them take it, rather than risk being injured in a confrontation.
• Report the incident to police. It is important for the police to build up an accurate picture of where crimes are occurring so they can try to prevent them.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact PC Campbell at Farnborough police station on 101 or call the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111.
For more information about policing in your area visit the local policing pages of Hampshire Constabulary
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music