A series of house fires have been started by lightning strikes during thunderstorms marking the end of the heatwave.
A family had to be evacuated from a house in Bedford on the morning of Tuesday 23 July 2013 when the chimney stack of the home in Primrose Field caught light at 6.30am.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and an aerial platform were used to bring the fire under control.
Another house fire in Hartwell, Northamptonshire, was believed to have been started by lightning.
Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue were called to Folly Lane at 11.54am on Tuesday 23 July.
The fire affected the roof of a modern extension.
A house in Finedon, Northamptonshire, was damaged by lightning at 12.40am on Tuesday 23 July.
The strike left scorch marks on the building in Tann Road.