On Air Now
Heart's Feel Good Weekend with Zoe Hardman 9am - 12pm
13 September 2013, 09:39
Detectives in Bournemouth have charged a man after a serious attack outside a pub in Boscombe.
A 61-year-old Bournemouth man was found with serious head injuries in the car park of the Cricketers Arms pub along Windham Road.
We're told he is still in Southampton General Hospital and his condition is described as life-threatening after the attack early on Sunday.
Dorset Police arrested three people in connection with the assault.
32-year-old Patrick Joseph Galbraith of Bournemouth has been charged with grievous bodily harm and is due to appear at Bournemouth Magistrates Court tomorrow Friday 13 September.
A 54-year-old woman and 55-year-old man, both from Bournemouth, who had been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, have been released on bail until the middle of November 2013 pending further enquiries.
Detective Sergeant Andy Bell, of Bournemouth CID, said:
"We are now treating this as an alleged serious assault in which the victim sustained his injuries.
"I have information that further witnesses were present at the time and I urge them to come forward and speak to the police."
Witnesses and anyone with information should call Dorset Police in confidence on 101.