Bournemouth Shopping Centre Security Increased
19 May 2014, 12:25 | Updated: 19 May 2014, 12:50
Extra security staff are starting work at Boscombe's Sovereign Shopping Centre this week after a recent stabbing there.
A man was knifed near the 99p Store earlier this month.
A 45-year-old man was charged with GBH, and possessing an offensive weapon.
The centre says it's now hired two new two safety patrol officers.
The Sovereign Centre manager,Peter Ruscoe, has said:
“We were all very concerned by the assault on a retail store staff member on Thursday afternoon. I'd like to pay tribute to the Sovereign Centre's security team, who delivered first aid to the victim, as well as the police, who were stationed at the new police box in the precinct and were at the scene within a minute of receiving the call on the Town Link radio.
"We wish the injured person a complete and speedy recovery, Since starting at the Sovereign Shopping centre five weeks ago I've been impressed by the positivity of the Boscombe public, community groups, business associations, councillors and police, who are all working to make Boscombe a safe place to live, work and shop.
"Their efforts will be bolstered next week with the arrival of two additional community safety patrol officers. The new officers will patrol the precinct and the centre, increasing security, supporting shoppers and reinforcing peace of mind.”