On Air Now
Heart Breakfast with Jamie Theakston and Amanda Holden 6:30am - 10am
30 March 2010, 07:41 | Updated: 30 March 2010, 07:47
The dad of a Bournemouth schoolgirl who ended up in hospital after taking the so called 'legal high' mephedrone has told Heart he is glad it's set to be banned.
The drug - which is sold as plant food - has been linked to atleast 25 deaths in the UK, and is now likely to be made a Class B drug by the end of April.
An order paving the way for it's ban will go before Parliament later.
Mark McCall's 13-year-old daughter took the drug at school. He said: "She ended up in hospital last Monday after taking mephedrone, and it was the most horrific thing I have ever had to witness. I thought I was going to lose her.
"It's lethal stuff, it's not good for you and the side effects are horrible. My daughter is having nose bleeds and pains in her side after taking it. I'm so glad it's going to be banned."