On Air Now
Heart's Feel Good Weekend with Zoe Hardman 9am - 12pm
12 September 2014, 08:27 | Updated: 12 September 2014, 19:03
A Bournemouth MP has called an urgent meeting later over three stabbings in the town in the last week.
Tobias Ellwood (Bournemouth East) has met Dorset Police's Chief Constable Debbie Simpson to discuss whether officers have enough money and resources.
Police have been reassuring people following three unconnected attacks
On Monday 8 September, officers responded to two incidents in the Springbourne and Pokesdown areas.
At 1.32am officers attended a domestic related incident in Seabourne Road and located a 55-year-old man with stab wounds.
The victim was taken to Poole Hospital and is now in a stable condition.
55-year-old Jacqueline Davis from Newcastle-upon-Tyne has been charged with attempted murder.
The second incident, in which a woman was found with stab wounds on Walpole Road, was reported to police at 4.14pm.
The victim, a woman in her thirties, was taken by air ambulance to Southampton Hospital with life-threatening injuries. A 33-year-old man has been arrested and bailed until the end of next month.
On Tuesday 9 September at 9:18pm officers responded to the third incident, a report of a man with a stab wound on Christchurch Road. Officers attended and searched the area and arrested five people in connection with the incident.
Two 17-year-old boys, from London and Surrey respectively, were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. A 33-year-old man of no fixed abode and two Bournemouth men, aged 35 and 44, have been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and robbery. All five have been bailed.
Detective Inspector Richard Dixey, of Bournemouth CID, said:
"The incident in Seaborne Road was an isolated domestic case and it is clearly not connected to the other two.
"At this time we have no evidence to suggest that the further two incidents are linked.
"I would like to assure the local community that there is no increased risk to the general public. The individuals involved in these two cases are believed to be associated with previous criminal activity.
"Dorset Police are thoroughly investigating these incidents and I would ask anyone who might have information that could help us with our enquiries to come forward."
Councillor Jane Kelly, Cabinet member for Partnership and Regeneration, said:
"It is important to remember that these incidents, although extremely regrettable, are linked to a specific minority of people within the local area.
"I know that Dorset Police are working hard to apprehend those responsible, as we need to give out the clear message that violent criminal behaviour is not welcome in our community and will not be tolerated.
"We want our streets to be safe and welcoming and will be working in partnership with Dorset Police to achieve that."
Neighbourhood Inspector Alan Setchell said:
"I would like to reassure the community that we have additional officers on patrol in the area following these incidents, as well as the regular Safer Neighbourhood officers.
"Please speak to them if you have any information about these incidents or to raise any concerns you may have."
Witnesses and anyone with information should call Dorset Police in confidence on 101.