Thefts At Churches & Charity Shops in Bishop's Stortford
16 January 2015, 11:52 | Updated: 16 January 2015, 13:04
Police are looking for two men, after a series of burglaries and attempted burglaries in Bishop's Stortford.
Seven buildings in the town centre, including churches and charity shops, were targeted overnight on Thursday, January 8 and into the early hours of Friday, January 9.
• Water Lane United Reformed Church in Water Lane - window smashed, safe stolen
• Oxfam in North Street – front door smashed, cash and watches stolen
• Keech Hospice in Potter Street – glass smashed in front door, nothing taken
• Sue Ryder in South Street – front window smashed, nothing taken
• The Methodist Church in South Street – front door smashed but nothing taken
• British Heart Foundation in Potter Street – front door smashed, cash and watches stolen
• Cancer Research UK in Potter Street – front door smashed, cash stolen
Damage totalling more than £1,500 was also caused to the buildings.
Detective Constable Shaun Turner, who is investigating, said: “These incidents have understandably caused a great deal of upset to the victims and the wider community in Bishop’s Stortford.
“I would like to speak with the people pictured as they may have been in the area at the time and could have information which may assist with the investigation.
“I would also appeal to anyone who has any other information about the burglaries to contact me as soon as possible.”