On Air Now
Heart's Feel Good Weekend with Zoe Hardman 6am - 10am
Police are warning people in the Forest of Dean to up their security.
This after thieves targeted homes when the owners were away on holiday.
The first incident occurred between 5.30pm on Saturday March 27 and 9.20am on Sunday March 28.
Thieves then targeted a house in Whitecroft Road, Bream between 3pm on Sunday March 28 and 8am on Monday March 29.
Anyone who witnessed these incidents, or who has any information about them, is asked to contact Gloucestershire Constabulary on 0845 090 1234 quoting incident 170 of March 28. Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Gloucestershire Police say there are some simple steps to avoid becoming the victim of crime while you are away:
* Make your home look like someone is living in it. Don't close your curtains - in daytime this shows the house is empty. Use automatic timer-switches to turn your lights on when it goes dark. These are cheaply available from your local DIY store.
* Ask a friend or neighbour to park on your driveway from time to time.
* Cancel any milk or newspaper deliveries.
* Avoid discussing holiday plans where strangers may hear details of your absence from home.
* Cut the lawn before you go and trim back any plants that burglars could hide behind.
* Uncollected mail is a sign that you are away. Ask a neighbour to ensure mail is pushed through your letterbox properly and perhaps a friend or neighbour could move your post away from the door.
* Consider leaving important documents and valuable items with other family members or a bank. Or lock them in a safe.
* Do not put your home address on your luggage when you are travelling to your holiday destination.
* If you normally leave valuable pedal cycles or similar items in your shed, consider putting them in the house.
* Finally, make sure that you've locked all the outside doors and windows and, if you have a burglar alarm, make sure its set.