Cat Attached To Firework Explodes
12 November 2012, 13:34 | Updated: 12 November 2012, 13:39
Police are investigating after a firework was attached to a cat in Wellingborough - causing it to explode.
Officers were called after a woman and her daughter came across the distressing site of a cat with a firework attached to it, which then exploded - resulting in the cat's immediate death.
It happened in Shelley Road on Saturday 10th November at about 6.05pm.
The officer investigating the incident, PC Mark Jones, said:
"This is an unbelievably cruel act and we are very keen to hear from anybody who has any information which will lead to the identification of the perpetrators. Not only was it horrific for the poor animal involved, the witnesses and owners of the cat are understandably very distressed.
"I urge anybody with any information to get in touch so that we can identify and deal with whoever is responsible for this horrible act.
"Contact me on 101 and ask for Wellingborough SCT, or email me via our website.
"All contact will be strictly confidential."