Northants Remembers War Heroes
8 November 2013, 18:00 | Updated: 10 November 2013, 07:25
A series of parades, services and events of commemoration will take place during Sunday to honour and remember all those who've died in service of their country.
Events across Northamptonshire will be open to the public on Sunday with a number of other events across the region on Monday (see below).
- CORBY - 10:10 - Gathering at Marks Road with the procession leaving at 10:30
- DAVENTRY - 10:30 - Remembrance Day Parade and Service leaving St James' school followed by a service at the War Memorial followed by another in Holy Cross Church
- KETTERING - 13:30 - Starting in town with tributes and a service at the War Memorial at 14:00
- NORTHAMPTON - 09:30 - Mayor of Northampton will lead a procession of councillors and dignitaries from the Guildhall to All Saints' Church as part of this year's Remembrance Day Parade and Service. The Northampton Pipe Band will lead the first part of the march to All Saints' Church followed by the second part led by the Air Training Corps Band at 09:35. The Parade will join with the Mayor's procession for the Service at 10:00. The traditional two minutes silence will begin at 11am at the first stroke of All Saints' clock. The laying of designated wreaths and the Remembrance Service will then follow.
- TOWCESTER - 10:45 - Services today at St Lawrence Church in Towcester (just off Watling Street) & St Bartholomew's in Greens Norton
- WELLINGBOROUGH - 11:00 - Service begins at the War Memorial, Broad Green. Local organisations and groups will assemble in Jackson's Lane Car Park, High Street. After the Service the Parade will proceed around the top of Broad Green and back down the Western arm of Broad Green, along High Street and back to Jackson's Lane Car Park
MONDAY - ARMISTICE DAY events across the region
- CORBY - 11:00 - Mayor of Corby Judy Caine and The Royal British Legion will lead a tribute with a ceremony at the flag poles outside the Corby Cube on George Street. The silence will begin and end with the firing of a salute.
- DUNSTABLE - 11:00 - There will be a short service at the War Memorial
- HEMEL HEMPSTEAD - 11:00 - Wreath laying ceremony at the Marlowes Shopping Centre
- STEVENAGE - 11:00 - Stevenage Borough Council and the Royal British Legion will be observing the two-minute silence for Armistice Day on Monday 11 November at 11am in the Town Square
- WATFORD - 10:45 There will also be a two minute silence ceremony held at the War Memorial, Vicarage Road Cemetery