Stamford: Fire Above Restaurant

9 August 2012, 16:32 | Updated: 9 August 2012, 17:38

Around 40 firefighters have been dealing with a fire in Stamford.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service received multiple calls to the fire in the roof of the Wok Box in Sheep Market just before 3pm this afternoon (Thursday).

Four crews from Lincolnshire attended, along with five crews from Cambridgeshire.

According to Lincolnshire Fire Service, the fire is believed to have started in an electrical cupboard.

There are no reports of injuries.

Fire crews remained at the scene into Thursday evening and some nearby businesses were evacuated.

Part of Sheep Market was also closed to traffic.