On Air Now
Early Breakfast with James Stewart 4am - 6:30am
The family of a woman killed when a rally car ploughed into a group of spectators have said she will be "missed immensely''.
Elizabeth Allan, 63, known as Betty Allan, was one of three people killed after the car came off the road at the Jim Clark Rally in the Scottish Borders on Saturday afternoon.
She had travelled to the event from Barrhead in East Renfrewshire with her partner Iain Provan, 64, who founded the Motorsport Scotland website.
In a statement released through Police Scotland, her family said: "Betty was a caring and loving daughter, sister, aunty and great aunt, and will be missed immensely.''
The other man who died was Len Stern, 71, from Bearsden in East Dunbartonshire.
His family said that "he died watching the sport he loved''.
About 250 competitors had been taking part in the rally, one of the largest in the UK.
An investigation into the circumstances of the crash is continuing.
An eyewitness to the fatal crash described the incident as like ''a bowling ball hitting skittles''.
The rally is named after Scottish Formula One driver Jim Clark, who grew up in the area and was killed in a motor racing accident in Hockenheim, Germany, in 1968.
Police have appealed for witnesses to the fatal crash, and an earlier one near Eccles, to contact them.
Officers are particularly interested to speak to anyone who has video footage or photographs of the rally, and may have captured the collisions.
Detective Superintendent Kenneth Graham said: ''We would ask that anyone who has any video footage or photographs, or has any other information that may help with our investigation, to contact police immediately on 101.''
Police will carry out a review of safety at public events in Scotland following the deaths, Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill announced yesterday.
The Scottish Government will also commission a review of motorsport event safety in the country in light of the tragedy.
This review will include Police Scotland, event organisers, Borders Council, the Motor Sports Association and others, and will look at the training and deployment of stewards as well as all other safety controls, Mr MacAskill told MSPs.
He said: ''In light of Saturday's events, the minister for transport will be giving careful consideration to the safety aspects of the 2015 rally and the need for conditions.
''Clearly, this decision will be dependent on the information that comes forward from the safety reviews of the event.''
He said a full police investigation, under the direction of the Crown Office, continues into the circumstances.
The decisions on holding a discretionary Fatal Accident Inquiry or pursuing any criminal prosecutions are for the Lord Advocate, Mr MacAskill said.