On Air Now
Heart Breakfast with Jamie Theakston and Zoe Hardman 6:30am - 10am
In its 43rd year, the UK's leading outdoor boat show, the PSP SOUTHAMPTON BOAT SHOW, returns bringing a host of brand new features and attractions as well as regular Show favourites to the south coast.
The 10-day event is hosted at one of Europe's largest purpose built marinas, featuring over 2km of pontoons. Hundreds of exhibitors from Scotland to the south west, will showcase the marine industry's finest products, services and equipment, whilst almost 1000 boats ranging from historic yachts to the very latest motorboats will be on show to climb aboard, explore and trial.
· Team Racing - all the top sailing clubs will take to the water to do battle around the stunning purpose built marina
· The Commented Boat Parade - A daily display of exhibitor craft and historic vessels
· Feature Boats - Take a look at Navy Vessels, Yachting Monthly's Crash Test Boat, racing machine Banana Shark, historic yacht Gypsy Moth, and carbon fibre pedal powered boat Torpedalo - due to cross the Atlantic for charity in December.
· The Sea Kitchen Theatre - Live cooking demonstrations with some of the region's best restaurant chefs, including Michelin Star celebrity chef Shaun Rankin
· Oyster Festival – The Great British Oyster Festival 2011 is supported by the Shellfish Association of Great Britain. A unique event and the first in the UK to offer daily oyster tasting free of charge, with Oyster fisheries from around Great Britain showcasing produce from Colchester, Essex, Cornwall, Dorset, Scotland and Wales
· Activities – visitors can jump aboard a range of boats, learning to dive, rock climbing on a rotating wall or kayaking in the rolling pool. Kids get the chance to learn to sail with free 90 minute dinghy sailing sessions from Rockley Watersports
· Ladies Day (Thursday sept 22nd) – Fascinators rule the waves as ladies battle to be crowned 'Best Dressed Lady' by Ladies Day Ambassador Shelley Jory-Leigh; British Power Boat Champion. The Rose Road Association is the chosen Ladies Day charity on hand to raise awareness. Heart's very own news reader, Katie Callaghan, will also be taking part in the Ladies Day Powerboat Challenge
Find out more about the boatshow and things like parking by clicking here