Promotion Parade in Reading
27 April 2012, 06:00 | Updated: 27 April 2012, 07:34
Players and coaches from Reading FC will be parading in two open topped buses today to celebrate being promoted to the Premier League and winning the Championship.
16,000 people are expected at the celebrations today.
Brian McDermott and his team will take to the road at 12.30pm and the two open-top buses will make their way to Madejski Stadium for approximately 2.30pm.
The first place to see the players will be in Friar Street before the buses head towards the town hall, down Blagrave Street, Valpy Street and to The Forbury, through Market Place, along High Street and up London Street.
Have a look at the map here.
A celebration will then take place at the Madejski Stadium:
• 12:30pm Gates and kiosks open.
• 1pm Reading u16s vs Watford u16s kicks off
• 2:40pm onwards, Master Blaster giveaway, videos on big screen, Champions podium to be erected.
• 2:55pm Impossible Dream video on big screen.
• 3pm-4pm Presentation of npower Championship trophy and medals on official podium - see the podium designs here.
• For the presentation the squad will be wearing the current home shirt with special Champions wording on the front.
• The Player of the Season award will also take place. Top three contenders are Adam Federici, Jem Karacan and Alex Pearce.
• The players and staff will complete the day with a lap of honour.
• 4:30pm Gates close.
Shuttle buses will be running from Reading Station to Madejski Stadium between 12pm and 2.30pm, and then return services are running from Madejski Stadium to the station between 4pm and 5pm.
Experts say the promotion will bring £90 million to the club from things like television and increased ticket sales.
Reading and Berkshire can also expect £60 - 90 million with more people coming to the town and spending money in bars, shops and hotels.