Fireworks Bought From Burnt Down Stafford Business Could Be Unsafe

5 November 2014, 07:50 | Updated: 5 November 2014, 08:07

The cause of the fire at SP plastics last Thursday is still being investigated and the fireworks sold there are going to be tested to work out whether they're safe.

Two men are believed to have died in the fire, which broke out at the firm's site on Stafford's Baswich Industrial Estate last Thursday.

Confirming that the cause of the fire has not yet been identified, Supt Ian Coxhead said it was likely to be some weeks before fireworks from the site could be tested and confirmed as safe.

The senior officer said in a statement: ``Our ongoing investigation includes tracing any fireworks that have been purchased from SP Plastics so they can be thoroughly inspected.

``This is just one line of inquiry we are exploring with our colleagues from Trading Standards.''

Anyone who purchased fireworks from SP Plastics is asked to make contact with Staffordshire Police on 01785 232656.