Sparkbrook Murder: Second Man Charged

10 July 2014, 19:17 | Updated: 10 July 2014, 19:20

 Ikram Khan died after being attacked on Grantham Road and Farm Road on Wednesday 2 July.
The 28-year-old was taken to hospital where he later died, having suffered a stab wound to the neck. Two other men were taken to hospital and continue to receive treatment.
11 men over the past week.
Khalid Jan was arrested on Tuesday (8 July) by police investigating Mr Khan’s death. The 23-year-old, from Sparkbrook, was subsequently charged with murder this afternoon and will appear before Birmingham Magistrates Court on Friday (11 July).
Jan, who is unemployed, is the second man to be charged with Mr Khan’s murder.
Naweed Bashardost appeared before Birmingham Magistrates Court on Wednesday (9 July), to face a murder charge. Unemployed Bashardost, of Alum Rock, was arrested on 4 July and the 22-year-old was subsequently charged. He was remanded in custody following his court appearance.
Mr Khan’s family released a heartfelt tribute yesterday and spoke of their loss.
The statement read: "Ikram was a family man who was loved by all. He inspired the best out of others, he had a caring devotion for others and always went out of his way to help whenever he was able to do so.
"Ikram was a devoted father to his four children and was a loved family member.
"The family have faith in justice being served and would request that if anyone has any information in relation to this tragic loss that they get in touch with West Midlands Police.
"Ikram will be deeply missed by us all and during this difficult time we request that our privacy is respected."
In total, 11 men have been arrested in connection with the disorder surrounding Mr Khan’s death.
Two men have been charged with murder, four men were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and were subsequently released on conditional police bail. Four men were arrested on suspicion of murder and were later released without charge; however they remain on bail in connection with a separate disorder. Another man arrested on suspicion of murder currently remains in hospital, receiving treatment for injuries sustained during last week’s disorder.