Drayton Manor Wedding
Drayton Manor Wedding on Heart 100.7 West Midlands
1. The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Radio’s ("Global Radio") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at http://www.heart.co.uk/terms-conditions/competition/ apply to ‘Drayton Manor Wedding radio competition ("the Competition") which will run from Monday 19th September to Wednesday 28th September with on-line voting for finalists commencing on Monday 3rd October and closing Thursday 6th October (“the Duration”). The "Radio Station" is Heart 100.7 West Midlands.
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from the Radio Station.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the Competition an Entrant must go online to http://www.heart.co.uk/westmids and register their details. Online entry will open at 06:00am on Monday 19th September and close at 12.30PM on Wednesday 28th September.
4. You can enter either yourself or nominate someone else.
5. All fields on the entry must be completed and entrants must complete the question relating to why you think the couple should win.
6. All entries must be eligible as set out in the terms and conditions of the competition.
7. Judgment will be based on the stories given on the entry form.
8. The judging panel will be made up of representatives from Heart fm and Drayton Manor.
9. The judging panel will select a shortlist of entrants who will be interviewed by phone on Thursday 29th September, the judges decision is final.
10. The couple must both be contactable on this day for this purpose.
11. 3 finalist couples will be picked by the judging panel and must be available to come into the Heart studios in Broad Street, Birmingham between 10am and 1pm on Friday 30th September.
12. The finalists ‘profile interview’ will be broadcast during the Heart breakfast show on Monday 3rd October and photos and information put online at heart.co.uk.
13. Voting online opens at 10am on Monday 3rd October and the couple who receive the most votes when the voting closes at 5pm on Thursday 6th October will be deemed the winner.
14. Only one vote per person will be permitted – all duplicate entries will be deleted
15. On Friday 7th October the winning couple will be announced during the breakfast show and brought to air
12. Couples must be 18 years old or over, eligible to marry in the UK and live in the Heart West Midlands transmission area. The wedding should be taken in between 28th October and 30th December 2011 from a selection of dates given to the winner by Drayton Manor.
13. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be removed.
14. The competition is not open to employees or members of their immediate families (including spouse, parents, grandparents, children, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, cousins and remoter issue and in any event the decision of the Company shall be final) of the Company, the Radio Station and Global Radio, their agents, participating clients or anyone connected with the promotion of the competition or event and again in the event of any dispute the decision of the Company shall be final and legally binding.
15. The Registration of Marriage
The winning couple must complete the Advance Booking, as it contains information they will need in order to make contact to book an appointment to give Notice of their Marriage.
Drayton Manor will be covering costs relating to the registration of the marriage and the cost to give notice on the marriage. The Winning entrants are responsible for arranging this within the correct time frames. The cost for the Registration Service will include one Marriage Certificate.
Winning entrants will need to give ‘notice of marriage’ in the county that they normally reside before they can go through with the ceremony.
The couple need to be free to marry i.e. in receipt of documentation proving they are free to marry. The Couple will be advised on procedure when they contact the Registration Service to make the booking – this will be done with guidance from Drayton Manor.
The marriage cannot take place unless ALL the following criteria are met:
- A valid notice of intention MUST be given in person by the bride and groom in the district in which they reside. Please note an appointment will be necessary.
- If you fail to give notice by this date or inform the Tamworth & Litchfield Registration Service of any delay, your booking may be cancelled and the time and date allocated to another couple.
- You MUST both be free to marry when the notice is given and you will need to produce the documents listed below.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the legal preliminaries are completed and to produce all the necessary documents.
- The following documents must be produced when you give notice:
- Passport, Birth certificate
- Documents ending any former marriage. ie: Certified decree absolute, Certified death certificate
- Proof of your current address ie: Utility Bill e.g. Gas, Electricity, Council Tax. Bank statement, National Health Medical Card
- DSS or other Benefit Book, Any document concerning a change of name or nationality.
- IMPORTANT – If one or both of you are subject to Home Office Immigration Control you will both need to give your notice at a designated Register Office and you will not be able to do this unless: You hold entry clearance for the purpose of enabling you to get married OR You hold a Home Office certificate of approval OR
You are a person with settled status in the UK – eg indefinite leave to remain.
16. Global Radio hereinafter referred to as "the Company", Global Radio" is Global Radio UK and any company which is a subsidiary or holding company.Heart 100.7 is hereinafter referred to as "the Radio Station"
17.Participation instructions form part of these rules.All entrants must agree to abide by these rules. The submission of an entry shall be deemed to indicate acceptance of these rules.
1.1 The Heart Wedding General Terms
- Prize only eligible for people living in the Heart 100.7 TSA (West Midlands)
- Prize is a civil ceremony at Drayton Manor prize details in section 1.2
- The Heart Wedding Venue: Drayton Manor, Tamworth, Staffordshire
- Date of the Heart Wedding: The wedding should be taken in between 28th October and 30th December 2011 from a selection of dates given to the winner by Drayton Manor.
- Attendance figures for the Heart Wedding are as follows - 50 guests (plus 8 representatives of the radio station and 2 registrars’ in total) for the service and wedding breakfast plus an additional 30 evening guests.
- Whilst liaising with the winning couple, the Radio Station & Drayton Manor will retain control of wedding arrangements, including the wedding reception, entertainment, clothing, flowers and all other similar arrangements.
- By entering the eventual winner gives consent to participate in any media activity arranged by the Radio Station relating to the Heart Wedding.
- Entrants agree to their photographs being used by Heart fm and Drayton Manor for the purposes of publicity
- The guests at the wedding and the reception will be guests of the Radio Station and Drayton Manor.
- Entrants proceeding to the final stages will be notified on Thursday 29th September
- The Company cannot be held responsible for any difficulty in communication with the Radio Station by telephone or other means.
- All entries become the property of the Company and unless otherwise agreed, cannot be returned.
- Entrants agree to their name and home town being published on the air and elsewhere. They agree to their participation being broadcast, recorded and repeated and otherwise used without being entitled to any payment.
- Subject to the Company deciding otherwise only the stated prize(s) may be won. There will not be a cash alternative to the stated prize(s), or part thereof
- In the event of any of the stated prizes becoming unavailable, the Company will, where appropriate, arrange the supply of an appropriate alternative of similar value at the Company's sole discretion.
- A prize will not be awarded to a person who, for any reason, would not be allowed by law to purchase or use the prize, or where the supply to that person would be unlawful.
- The decision of the Company is final. No correspondence will be entered into concerning the Company's decisions or interpretation of these rules.
- Complaints about the operation of the competition may be made in writing to the Programme Controller and Station Director. Please see the heart 100.7 website
- The Company reserves the right to reject claims or applications and to alter, amend or foreclose the promotion without prior notice.
- Subject to the complete discretion of the company, the winning entry and the names and countries of the (major) prize winners will be made available after a specified date to anyone applying for this to the competition address and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope marked ‘Results’.
- By entering this competition you will receive a one off newsletter with information from all of the wedding suppliers.
1.2 Competition Prize Terms
The Heart Wedding competition is for one couple:
- Drayton Manor will be the host wedding ceremony and reception venue
- The wedding should be taken in between 28th October and 30th December 2011 from a selection of dates given to the winner by Drayton Manor
- Certain dates within this period are excluded - any Saturday, 24th, 25th, 26th December 2011
- The date of the wedding to be decided in discussion with Drayton Manor by Monday 10th October 2011
Drayton Manor (Nr Tamworth, Staffs) to provide :
- Civil ceremony on a date to be decided (within the guidelines set out) with the winning couple to include the cost of the registrar
- Three course wedding breakfast for up to 50 guests
- The winning couple will receive a choice of two menus to be decided two weeks prior to the wedding date
- One glass of sparking wine on arrival per wedding breakfast guest
- Two bottles of wine allocated per table of 8
- White linen
- Wedding breakfast room hire
- Cake stand and knife
- Table plan, Place cards, Table numbers and menu cards for the wedding breakfast
- Room hire for 80 guests (30 additional to the wedding breakfast guests)
- Evening buffet for 80 guests
- Additional guests may be added for the wedding breakfast at a cost of £25.00 per heard and for the evening buffet at a cost of £10.95 per head
On Monday 10th October at a mutually convenient time a meeting between the winning couple the radio station and Drayton Manor will be arranged to discuss all logistics for the day. On this date, where possible, the winning couple will meet all suppliers to discuss specifics for the day .
The winning couple will also be invited to have dinner in Drayton Manor’s Grill restaurant – a complimentary meal for two for the winning couple with a bottle of champagne. Any other guests will be charged.
Drayton Manor Hotel (Nr Tamworth, Staffs) to provide:
- Two rooms the evening prior to the wedding for the bride and either parents of the bride or bridesmaids.
- Three rooms to be provided on the night of the wedding for the bride and groom and the parents of the bride and parents of the groom
- The prize is limited to the bride and groom plus those indicated in the description
- Additional rooms may be booked for the wedding party at a starting cost of £80 per room
- Rooms may not be taken on any other night
Caroline Jane Exclusive Bridal Wear (House of Fraser Birmingham) to provide:
- One Wedding Dress.
- The bride’s wedding dress will be from the Justin Alexander or Sincerity collections and to the value of £2000.
- Size and style are subject to further discussion with the radio station, dress provider and the winning couple.
- Prize is for a dress only for the winning bride, it cannot be transferred into accessories if the bride chooses a gown of a lower value
- An initial meeting will be need to choose and try on the gown
- Alterations are not included in the prize, they can be offered however these must be paid for separately by the winner
- The bride has input to choose the design however these are subject to availability on size and colour.
I Do Wedding Essentials (Tamworth, Staffs) to provide:
- One dress for the chief bridesmaid to the value of £180
- Discounted dresses can be purchased for the rest of the bridal party.
- Bridesmaid will need to have a fitting for her dress
Top’s and Tails (Tamworth, Staffs) to provide:
- A Men’s suits for the groom
- Suit is provided on a hire basis
- Exact suit style subject to further discussion with the winning couple, the radio station and the suit supplier.
Julie Ann’s Florist (Tamworth Staffs) to provide:
- Bridal bouquet
- Up to 3 bridesmaids bouquets
- Button hole for groom
- All flowers up to a value of £225 and provided by Julie Ann’s Florist.
- Exact style up for discussion with the winning couple, radio station and florist.
Jackie’s Cake Kitchen (Tamworth, Staffs) to provide :
- One 3 tier wedding cake to the value of £500.
- Cake will be delivered to Drayton Manor
- Exact design subject to further discussion with the winning couple, the radio station and the cake supplier.
Avant Photography (Tamworth, Staffs) to provide:
- Wedding photography
- 2 photographers to be on hand from Bride and Groom’s arrival to First Dance
- An individually designed storybook album containing 50 photographs
- Online interactive preview gallery
- A pre-wedding consultation with the bride and groom
- Album photographs to be chosen by bride and groom via online gallery and album designed by Avant Photography
- Avant Photography’s standard wedding contract to be completed by Bride and Groom to ensure their insurance is in place, this should be done at the consultation prior to the wedding.
Heart FM to provide:
- DJ, PA System and lights for the evening reception
- First dance song to be chosen by the winning couple
- Music selection to be arranged by Heart fm
- DJ may not be from Heart West Midlands on-air team
Balloons and Tunes (Tamworth, Staffs) to provide:
- Balloon décor centrepieces for either tables or floor standing
- Exact style up for discussion with the winning couple, radio station and supplier
Seats of Elegance (Little Aston, Birmingham) to provide:
- Chair covers and sashes for the wedding and wedding breakfast
- Exact style up for discussion with the winning couple, radio station and supplier.
Bannatynes Spa (Tamworth, Staffs) to provide:
- Makeup for the Bride with make-up artist Annette Townsend
- Exact requirements to be discussed at a one trial make up session prior to the wedding
- Make-up on the wedding day will be done in the hotel room provided for the bride
- Other members of the wedding party may pay for make up at a cost of £65 per person
Diana Smith (Tamworth, Staffs) to provide:
- Bridal Hair (hair up or blow dry) for the Bride
- Hair up or blow dry for 2 bridesmaids
- Hair up or blow dry for mother of the bride
- Hair up or blow dry for mother of the groom
- A trial session will be provided for the bride only
- The prize does not include hair extensions, hair pieces or hair accessories, which can be provided at an additional cost to the winner
Millard Fashions (Wylde Green, Birmingham) to provide:
- A £100 voucher for the mother of the bride’s wedding outfit
- Outfit to be chosen from Millard Fashions
- If the outfit is over £100 the balance is payable by the winner
Everything Aloe (Austrey, Warwickshire) to provide:
- Forever clean 9 detox programme
- A 9 day detox – the pack infludes everything you need for the 9 day programme
- Includes initial weight management and skincare consultation
- Heart fm and Drayton Manor do not accept any responsibility for the results of this programming and is taken at the prize winners own risk
Steven Charles Quance in Touchwood Shopping Centre to provide:
- His and Hers wedding rings to the value of £1,000
- To be spent on the lady’s and gent’s ring.
- The rings can be picked from a selection in store or made bespoke.
- Bespoke rings are only available if time allows for them to be made between choosing them and the wedding date and is subject to the discretion of Steven Charles Quance.
- If the full £1,000 isn’t spent on the rings they can add to the ring by having it engraved.
- Included in the prize will be a clean of the engagement ring only so that it is sparkling on the day!
- The £1,000 value can not be used on anything other than as a result of this competition or for any other piece of jewellery.
- If the rings that are chosen were above £1,000, the difference will need to be paid by the winning couple.
All items listed above will be supplied as stated. If you wish to make additions to any of these items this can be arranged at a cost to you and not the radio station. All prizes are non transferable and there is no cash alternative