Storms In Wiltshire
17 February 2014, 07:04 | Updated: 19 February 2014, 14:21
With flood warnings in place for the region, here's where Heart will keep you up-to-date on how Wiltshire is affected.
The authorities are keeping a close eye on groundwater levels in Wiltshire, with concern about the possibility of future flooding.
You can get the latest on the weather here.
To hear the latest, tune to 97.2FM in Swindon, 102.2FM in West Wiltshire or click "Listen to Heart" at the top of this page. We're also on DAB Digital Radio or the Heart App.
If you are affected by flooding the advice from the Environment Agency is:
- If it's safe to do so, block doors with flood boards or sandbags and cover airbricks and other ventilation holes.
- Move family, pets and valuables to a safe place.
- Keep a flood kit ready including a torch, batteries, fully charged mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.
- If it's safe, make sure your neighbours are aware of the situation and offer help to anyone who may need it.
- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
- Turn off gas, electricity and water if your property is about to flood.
- Never touch an electrical switch if you are standing in water.
Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 for up-to-date flooding information.