BRADFORD: Murder Investigation Over Family's Death

28 October 2014, 14:43 | Updated: 28 October 2014, 14:51

A Bradford Dad is believed to have murdered his wife and two teenage daughters before killing himself.

The bodies of Jitendra Lad, 49, his wife, Daksha Lad, 44, and their daughters, Trisha, 19, and Nisha, 17, were found at their detached home in Clayton, last night. 

Police launched a murder investigation but said they are not looking for anyone else in relation the deaths. 

They said early indications suggest the bodies may have been in the house ''for some time''. 

Officers were called to the house in Blackberry Way at 8.31pm last night after they were contacted by a neighbour who was concerned that they had not seen the family recently. 

Detective Superintendent Simon Atkinson said: ''This is clearly a significant incident and our investigation will be thorough as we piece together the events that have led to the deaths of a local family. 

''We are now undertaking forensic inquiries to establish how these people have died. ''We are clearly keeping an open mind but from what we know at the moment we are not looking for anybody else. 

''It is an extremely distressing time for the family and friends. We are trying to get as many answers as to what has happened in the property.'' 

Superintendent Damien Miller said: ''Clayton is a close-knit community and I understand that local people will be understandably upset by what has taken place and I would like to reassure people there is no wider danger to members of the public. 

''Additional neighbourhood officers are in the area speaking to people and offering reassurance.'' 

The quiet cul-de-sac was cordoned off today but police were letting groups of tearful teenagers up to the modern house. 

A number of uniformed officers and forensic scientists could be seen working in the front garden and around a white hatchback car in the drive. 

Jessica Garside - a friend of Trisha - said: ''She was so lovely. She always had a bright smile on her face. 

''She was always happy.'' She said: ''Even when I saw her round school she would always smile and say hello and check I'm all right. I think that was the general gist of the family.'' 

Miss Garside said she thought Trisha left school last year and went to Leeds University. 

''She was really good at science,'' she said. ''I feel numb at the moment. I don't feel like it's happened. 

I still feel like I'm going to go to the bus stop one day and she'll be stood there smiling as ever. It's heartbreaking to know she won't be. It's just horrible.'' 

She added: "She'll be missed dearly. 

I see pictures on Facebook of her going out in her uni life and she looks happy and now we don't know what's happened to her. I just hope there's a god out there looking after her.''