On Air Now
Heart Breakfast with Jamie Theakston and Amanda Holden 6:30am - 10am
4 May 2014, 19:48 | Updated: 5 May 2014, 19:50
Five people, including a nine-week-old baby girl, have died in a house fire in Sheffield.
54 year old Shabbina Begum, and her 20 year old daughter Anum Parwaiz Kayani, also died in the blaze that broke out in Wake Road in Sharrow.
The cousin of the 54 year old, Ishfaq Hussain Kayani, said: "It's just a huge tragedy. Words cannot describe how sad this is."
He said a nine-week-old baby girl was among those who had died, as well as nine-year-old Adhyan Parwaiz Kayani and seven-year-old Amaan Parwaiz Kayani.
Describing the children as "full of life, quite bubbly and very energetic'', he said they had been looking forward to returning to school.
He said of Ms Begum: "She was, to my children, like a mother, like an aunt. The whole community is in huge shock.
He said the children's father, Nazim Parwaiz Kayani, was out working when the fire broke out.
People living in the area said up to 300 people came out in the street to try to offer help as the emergency services arrived.
Some neighbours reported hearing screams and wailing from the area when they were woken in the early hours.
South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said the fire started shortly after midnight.