Royal Wedding: Travel Info
Heading into the capital to be part of the big day? We've got all the road closures, tube info and bus details.
Route: Parliament Square, Whitehall, Horse Guards Arch, Horse Guards Road and The Mall
Roads will close from 6am on the morning of the wedding and are expected to start reopening at 2pm
Many roads are closed including -
- Birdcage Walk
- Broad Sanctuary
- Buckingham Gate
- Buckingham Palace Road (north of Lower Grosvenor Place)
- Charing Cross Road (south of Shaftesbury Avenue)
- Cockspur Square
- Constitution Hill
- Horse Guards Road
- The Mall
- Pall Mall (east of Haymarket)
- Parliament Square
- The Strand
- Victoria Embankment
- Victoria Street
- Westminster Bridge
Other roads outside of the closures may have to closed if needed.
As the royal wedding day has been designated a Bank Holiday there is no charge
All Tube lines will be running to a Saturday service, with no planned engineering work during the day. All of the stations close to the route of the procession will be open on the day:
- Charing Cross
- Hyde Park Corner
- Green Park.
BUT they may have to be closed if they become overcrowded
A queuing system will be in place for access to the Tube at Victoria station.
A similar system may be in place for access to the overland station at Charing Cross.
All bus services will be running to a Saturday service.
If your bus route goes through the road closures they obviously will be on diversion.
Will run a normal service
No service between Watford and Willesden Junction because of engineering works, buses are running instead.
- C2C trains - Saturday Service
- Chiltern Railway - Saturday service, also engineering works... which means there's no service between Marylebone and West Ruislip.
- First Capital Connect - Services on the Welwyn and Hertford routes will not run between Finsbury Park and Moorgate.
- First Great Western - Normal Weekday service
- Gatwick Express - Saturday Service
- Heathrow Connect - Normal service
- Heathrow Express - Normal service
- London Midland - Saturday Service
- National Express East Anglia - Saturday Service
- South West Trains - Saturday Service
- Southern Trains - Saturday Service
- South Eastern - Saturday Service
- Virgin Trains - Full Service
The following Docking stations will be closed between 8pm on 28 April until 8pm 29th April
- Northumberland Avenue - Strand
- Whitehall Place - Strand
- Craven Street - Strand
- Horse Guards Avenue
- Waterloo Place - St James